Visitor Safety FAQ
A few things have changed since we were last open. The Museum will be opening initially Thursday to Sunday and everyone will be required to book timed-entry tickets in advance so that we can limit visitor numbers and keep everyone safe.
We’ve created a quick guide to all the changes, do take a minute to read through and to watch our 'Get Back behind the wheel' COVID safety video.
During the outdoor only reopening the Museum will only be open:
Friday - Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Tickets for outdoor visits will be available from Thursday 1st April.
We're operating an advanced timed-entry ticket system. Everyone is required to pre-book their visit to comply with the government's Track and Trace system. Everyone above the age of 16 must check-in either by scanning the official NHS QR code poster with the NHS COVID -19 app or by providing their contact details (name and contact number) to staff.
How do I book timed-entry tickets?
- Visitors can click here to purchase a ticket for their chosen date, these are timed-entry
- Visitors with an existing pre-booked ticket will need to enter their booking reference at the time of booking and bring their ticket on the day
- Members can click here to reserve a ticket for their chosen date, these are timed-entry
- Members will need to enter their membership number at the time of booking and bring their membership card on the day
Further Ticket Information
- There is no time limit on your visit – you can stay until we close!
- Tickets are non-refundable. If you need to change your ticket booking please email email@example.com
- Covid-19 Ticket Guarantee - Should a change in the Government’s guidelines relating to COVID-19, such as a regional or national lockdown prevent us from welcoming you to Brooklands, we will either transfer your booking to a date in the future or give you a full refund. Please email info@brooklandsmuseum with your booking details for more information.
- In line with government advice, we can only accept bookings for groups of 6 people including children or 2 households.
Visitors using special passes or needing other assistance should call the Museum’s Visitor Experience team on 01932 857381
You’ll be able to explore the outdoor areas of the museum when we reopen outdoor only from 16th April. With that in mind, you may want to bring a brolly in case the weather turns!
Here's what you'll be able to enjoy:
We've prepared a brand-new trail that that takes you around the most important and exciting parts of Brooklands' outdoor spaces. Discover hidden tunnels and marvel at the formidable aircraft as you stand beneath their wings.
We'll have coffee and treats available to buy on the day, but why not bring a picnic and a blanket and take in the views from the banks of Test Hill.
The safety and well-being of our visitors and staff is extremely important to us. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure the Brooklands experience is at its best for everyone.
- If you are feeling unwell, have a high temperature (over 38 degrees) persistent cough or shortness of breath, please stay at home and visit us another day.
- Temperature checks will be conducted at admissions.
- Face coverings must be worn in all indoor spaces.
- Our ticket desk, shop and foodservice counters will all be protected by shields.
- Social-distancing is practised at the museum and will be monitored by our staff and volunteers.
- Visitors are kindly requested to observe the 1m+ social-distancing rule and give others space so that everyone may enjoy Brooklands Museum safely.
- We have installed 25 hand sanitiser stations around the site for visitors to use, or you can purchase a small bottle to keep when you arrive.
- Our food service team will be wearing gloves and face shields when they serve you (so you can still see their smiles!)
- Contactless payment is required for all purchases on site. No cash will be accepted.
- Our staff will continuously clean restrooms and high-contact areas throughout the day, enhancing our already stringent cleaning standards.
During our outdoor only openingthe facilities that will be open include:
- Clubhouse Accessible toilet.
- Posh Portaloo's, located outside the Paddock
As always, you can bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages into the museum to enjoy at one of the many outdoor picnic areas or purchase something from our outdoor stall.