Visitor Safety FAQ
A few things have changed since we were last open. The Museum will be opening initially Thursday to Sunday and everyone will be required to book timed-entry tickets in advance so that we can limit visitor numbers and keep everyone safe.
We’ve created a quick guide to all the changes, do take a minute to read through and to watch our 'Get Back behind the wheel' COVID safety video.
Our opening days will be limited as we work toward regular operations.
Monday - Wednesday: Closed
Thursday - Sunday: 10am - 4pm
We're operating an advanced timed-entry ticket system from 1st August. Everyone is required to pre-book their visit to comply with the government's Track and Trace system. From Thursday 24th September we will be supporting the NHS Test and Trace app with scannable QR codes available at all entrances.
How do I book timed-entry tickets?
- Visitors can click here to purchase a ticket for their chosen date, these are timed-entry
- Visitors with an existing pre-booked ticket will need to enter their booking reference at the time of booking and bring their ticket on the day
- Members can click here to reserve a ticket for their chosen date, these are timed-entry
- Members will need to enter their membership number at the time of booking and bring their membership card on the day
- If you have a gift voucher* please click here and then enter your voucher number to proceed with the booking. Please bring your voucher with you on the day.
- *Gift Vouchers can be from Brooklands Museum, Virgin Experience Days, Buy a Gift, Red Letter Days or Acorne. Please remember to bring your voucher, pre-booked ticket or membership card with you on the day otherwise you will be charged full admission.
How do I book Tickets to get onboard Concorde?
- Concorde Mach 2 Tour tickets should be purchased at the same time as the museum admission ticket. There will be no Concorde tour tickets available on the day.
Further Ticket Information
- There is no time limit on your visit – you can stay until we close!
- Tickets are non-refundable. If you need to change your ticket booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covid-19 Ticket Guarantee - Should a change in the Government’s guidelines relating to COVID-19, such as a regional or national lockdown prevent us from welcoming you to Brooklands, we will either transfer your booking to a date in the future or give you a full refund. Please email info@brooklandsmuseum with your booking details for more information.
- In line with government advice, if you're visiting with others they must be from your household or support bubble.
Visitors using special passes or needing other assistance should call the Museum’s Visitor Experience team on 01932 857381
You’ll be able to explore the museum freely as usual but we’re doing lots to help you stay outside as much as possible. With that in mind, you may want to bring a brolly in case the weather turns! Here are some of the changes you will see around the site:
- Where possible, we’re bringing the collection outside so visitors can still see their favourite cars and aircraft but in a new way.
- Some exhibits such as the Motoring Village Sheds and Aircraft Factory will have limited capacities to ensure room for social distancing and all the Museum's interactive exhibits will be closed. Our stewards will help you with queuing if necessary.
- We’ve introduced new ways to explore the Aircraft Park. Unfortunately due to the narrow walkways and limited access/exit to the aircraft, most of these will remain closed for the time being. However, our passionate and knowledgeable volunteers are on hand to bring the histories of our Brooklands aircraft to life.
- From Thursday 22nd October we will be opening up the BAC 1-11 as a walkthrough experience and the Vickers Viscount front section, subject to weather and steward capacity.
- The Wellington Walkthrough in the Flight Shed will be open from Thursday 22nd October.
- For the time being, activities such as the F1 simulator, car rides, soft play and sitting inside cockpits and on the buses will remain closed. We thank you for your patience.
The safety and well-being of our visitors and staff is extremely important to us. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure the Brooklands experience is at its best for everyone.
- If you are feeling unwell, have a high temperature (over 38 degrees) persistent cough or shortness of breath, please stay at home and visit us another day.
- Temperature checks will be conducted at admissions.
- Face coverings must be worn in all indoor spaces unless exempt or seated in Café.
- Our ticket desk, reception, shop and foodservice counters will all be protected by shields.
- Social-distancing is practised at the museum and will be monitored by our staff and volunteers. Markers are placed on the floor where queuing may be required for some exhibitions and our stewards will be placed around the collection so that they can still tell you their exciting stories.
- Visitors are kindly requested to observe the 1m+ social-distancing rule and give others space so that everyone may enjoy Brooklands Museum safely.
- We have installed 25 hand sanitiser stations around the site both inside and outside of the building for visitors to use, or you can purchase a small bottle to keep when you arrive.
- We have temporarily suspended activities and closed interactive exhibits where we cannot maintain social distancing or adequately clean between visitors.
- Our food service team will be wearing gloves and face shields when they serve you (so you can still see their smiles!)
- Contactless payment is required for all purchases on site. No cash will be accepted.
- Our staff will continuously clean restrooms, exhibits, high-contact areas, and dining areas throughout the day, enhancing our already stringent cleaning standards.
With limited space inside some of the building, we've had to make some changes to our toilet facilities.
- Inside the Jackson Shed the Ladies and Gents toilets will be closed, but the Accessible Toilet and Baby Changing facility will remain open.
- One of the Ladies toilets inside the Clubhouse will be closed, but the Ladies Powder Room toilets, Baby Changing, Gents and Accessible toilet will be open.
- We've hired additional toilets, this will be located outside the Paddock
As always, you can bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages into the museum to enjoy at one of the many outdoor picnic areas or purchase something from the café or one of our outdoor stalls. We are unable to offer any indoor picnic facilities at the current time.
Brooklands Picnic Hampers are available to pre-purchase along with your Museum ticket. Click here for more information.
Due to the current situation, we are unable to operate the Concorde Experience or any Concorde Premium packages for the time being.
From 1st August visitors can book a brand new Concorde Mach 2 tour, which will feature highlights and stories under Concorde's wings before moving through the cabin to discover what it was like onboard.
- The timed-entry tours will have limited numbers and more time outside to ensure everyone stays safe.
- There will be a maximum of two households or social bubbles, up to 10 people per tour will be permitted on the aircraft at any time (excluding Crew Member). These are separated into two slots of five spaces.
- If you are a group of 6 people, you must book two slots, e.g. 13.30 and 13.31 to attend the tour together.
- Face coverings must be worn throughout the tour
The Brooklands Car-Ride experiences will not run this summer due to the close proximity required of the driver and visitors. We will bring these back as soon as we can!
Our event calendar remains on hold until larger gatherings are permitted. Keep watching our 'What's on' page or sign-up for the latest news for up-to-date information and listings.
Autism hour and Remembrance Cafe will also not run until further notice.
In line with the recent government guidance released on 24th July 2020 for hospitality events, we are now accepting bookings for all meetings, conferences, events and wedding ceremonies/ receptions:
- Bookings available to host from 1st August 2020
- Maximum of 15 guests including the wedding couple
- Ceremonies and day time reception only with a sit-down meal
- No evening reception or party (no loud pre-recorded or live music)
Bookings on or after the 1st October 2020 can provisionally pre-arrange higher guests numbers in line with our venue capacity and the addition of an evening reception; however, this is subject to government guidelines as we approach the wedding day.
Meetings, Conferences & Events:
Site show arounds are available by appointment only from 1st August 2020
- We are only accepting bookings to host from 1st October 2020
- Maximum booking capacity of 30 guests to include organiser/ presenter if applicable.
Bookings on or after the 1st November 2020 can provisionally pre-arrange higher guests numbers in line with our venue capacity; however, this is subject to government guidelines as we approach to event and you may be asked to make changes to your plans.
From 1 October, it is expected that events of all types (e.g. trade shows, consumer shows, exhibitions, conferences) will be allowed at a capacity allowing for compliance with social distancing of 2m, or 1m with mitigation (approximately equivalent to a density of 10㎡ per person). Where such events involve people speaking loudly for prolonged periods of time any mitigation must include particular attention to the ventilation of the spaces. This will be subject to the latest public health advice.