Plan your visit
Visiting with kids
Explore this unique museum through hands-on and interactive experiences
Brooklands Museum is a fantastic place for a family outing. Open all year round, families can explore this unique museum through hands-on and interactive experiences. During school holidays and many event days we run themed activities. Children can explore the Museum using one of our free trails, which can be collected from the shop on arrival.
If you need a break from all the fun then head over to the Sunbeam Café which offers a delicious range of freshly made, seasonal recipes covering breakfast, lunch, snacks and treats. For children, we offer mini hot meals and ‘Pick and Mix’ lunch packs to take away in their very own lunch boxes.
Top 10 Things to See & Do with the children
- Meet the Loch Ness Monster, the Wellington Bomber
- Get your photo taken in a Formula One car
- Explore the world of Supercars in McLaren: Driven by Design and have a go at building your own race car in the LEGO build station
- Explore inside the WW2 Air Raid Shelters
- Step on board Concorde and re-live the excitement of the supersonic age (extra charge applies and pre-booking advised)
- See the noisy record-breaking Napier-Railton
- Take a pit stop in the Sunbeam Cafe and refuel with one of our Mini Racer lunchboxes
- Walk under huge aircraft and discover how Brooklands innovated the world of flight
- Explore the awesome Stratosphere Chamber
- Drive around the streets of London in the London Bus Museum's bus simulator