Brookland Museum Coronavirus Public Statement
Updated 24th July
Our highest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff. We have considered everything we do here at the Museum and identified the following additional precautions to make sure you have a safe, comfortable and enjoyable visit.
Making the Museum safe for everyone
- Limited daily visitor numbers by requiring advance booking to prevent overcrowding
- Provided touch free hand sanitiser stations throughout the Museum
- Increased our daily cleaning and disinfection regime with extra concentration in communal or high contact areas
- Provided floor markings to help you maintain a safe distance
- Provided additional toilet facilities for your convenience
- Created one-way systems to safely guide you through our indoor exhibitions
- Provided additional stewards to welcome and assist you.
- Introduced cashless and wherever possible contactless payments, this will speed up transactions and reduce any queues.
- Installed protective screens at busy points such as admissions, retail and visitor receptions for your protection and that of our team.
- Identified the safest positions for our volunteer stewards within exhibition areas.
- Temporarily suspend activities or exhibits where we cannot maintain social distancing or adequately clean between visitors.
- Provided additional things to see and do outside when the weather permits – enjoy our daily outdoor demonstrations
- Improved our signage to help you navigate the site and understand out story
- Ensured our staff and volunteers are provided with the information to keep you and themselves safe.
- Committed to regularly review the precautions in place in light of changing guidance and your feedback.
- As required by the Government, maintain information about staff customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace. For visitors this will be the contact details of the lead booker.
What you can do
Please look after yourselves and our team:
- Not coming to the Museum if you have symptoms of Covid 19 or have been in contact with anyone who has.
- Ensuring you wash your hands with soap and water frequently and use hand sanitiser when you can’t.
- Sneezing or coughing into a tissue, placing it in a bin and washing your hands straight away
- Following one way systems and the guidance of staff and volunteers
- Being patient as some things may take us a little longer than usual.
- Wearing a face covering in indoor public areas - we strongly encourage this and it is mandatory in the gift shop.
- Ensuring that you stay at a safe distance from anyone outside of your household, this is keeping 2m apart. If there are other precautions in place such as wearing face coverings or being side by side out of doors this can be reduced to 1m (known as 1m plus)
- Don’t be concerned about wearing a face covering if you want to. You may see that some of our team do but remember wearing a face covering protects others more than it protects you
- Being kind and considerate to fellow visitors and our team by not making anyone feel uncomfortable.
- Remembering most of the people you will meet on site are volunteers who selflessly giving their time to make sure you have a great visit. Help us to keep them safe.
- Have a great visit and tell everyone about it, Brooklands Museum needs your support.
Have a great visit and tell everyone about it, Brooklands Museum needs your support.