Writing Workshop: Playing with Words
- Date October 22, 2019
- Time 10:30a.m. - 3:30p.m.
- Suitable for Adults
Writing workshop with tuition from Adrienne Dines.
In this workshop we’ll explore different literary techniques that writers can use to enhance their work, for example the effect of the sounds we hear and how we respond to them, or using metaphors and similes that change how we feel about what we’re reading. We’ll look at different writers and what they do that works well - or not!
The day begins at 10.30am and lasts until 3.30pm. Refreshments will be available in the morning and afternoon but please provide your own lunch.
Workshop cost £45 per person (£35 per person for Brooklands Members)
Book 3 workshops or more for a 5% discount.
Places are strictly limited on a first come, first served basis.
To book please contact Virginia Smith
Virginia Smith on 01932 857381 or email email@example.com
About the Writing Memoir & Fiction Workshops
This is a great series of (stand-alone) workshops with tuition from Adrienne Dines. You will come to recognise the storyteller you are and grow in confidence about your writing, whether you want to write short stories, memoir, poetry or tackle that novel!
- September Tuesday 17th - PEN TO PAPER
- October Tuesday 22nd -PLAYING WITH WORDS
- November Tuesday 19th - PLOTTING AND STRUCTURE
- January Tuesday 21st 2020 - WHOSE STORY IS IT ANYWAY
- February Tuesday 18th 2020 - HEROES AND VILLAINS
- March Tuesday 24th 2020 - EMOTIONAL CONFLICT