Writing Workshop: Being There - Setting and Voice
- Date October 30, 2018
- Time 10:30a.m. - 3:30p.m.
- Suitable for Everyone
Have you ever related a story you heard and loved and had it fall flat because whatever endeared you in the first place is lost in the retelling. You say, ‘I wish you’d been there.’ That’s what this workshop is all about.
How do you set a story in such a way that the reader feels as if he is actually there? How can you recreate the event so that it seems realistic and not just an account? We will look at how you use the senses in your writing and which ones you need to avoid!
Workshop cost £45 per person (£35 per person for Brooklands Trust Members)
Book 3 workshops or more for a 5% discount.
Places are strictly limited on a first come, first served basis.
To book please contact Virginia Smith
Virginia Smith on 01932 857381 or email email@example.com
About the Brooklands Writing Programme:
This is a great series of (stand-alone) workshops for new/experienced writers. You will come to recognise the storyteller you are and grow in confidence about your writing, whether you want to write short stories, memoir, poetry or tackle that novel!
- September 25th - WHERE DO YOU START?
- October 30th - BEING THERE - SETTING AND VOICE
- November 20th - MEETING YOUR CHARACTERS
- January 29th 2019 - KEEPING UP THE INTEREST - PLOTTING TO PERFECTION
- February 26th - THE SHORT STORY
- March 26th - POLISHING TO PERFECTION