Schools & Teachers FAQ
Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions about school visits to Brooklands Museum.
If you would like to visit with a group of more than 120 pupils, please contact the Learning & Engagement team by calling 01932 857381 ext. 258 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- A pre-visit information pack, including your visit timetable, will be sent to you a fortnight before your visit
- Schools can arrive when the Museum opens at 10:00am and will be greeted at the Main Visitor Entrance by a member of staff.
- You can choose between a self-guided visit or a visit with additional activities, such as guided tours or workshops.
- Guided tours last 45 mins each and are scheduled to take place in the morning before lunch.
- The afternoon consists of either additional workshops or self-guided exploration of our exhibitions.
- You can book one of our Activity Rooms as part of your visit, which is allocated to you for the day and can be used to store bags and eat packed lunches.
We recommend allocating 4 hours for your educational visit to Brooklands Museum. Schools can arrive when the Museum opens at 10:00am and typically depart between 1:30pm-2:30pm.
We ask that school groups bring appropriate adult supervision, as children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult supervisor at all times. School groups can bring a number of adults to the Museum free of charge, depending on the age of the students. Our adult to child ratio is:
- Early Years and Foundation: one adult to two children
- Key Stage 1, 2, 3 and 4: one adult to five students (4-18 yrs)
- University: one adult to ten students
If you are bringing extra adults with your group, they will be charged Admission to the Museum. Admission is £16.30 per adult supervisor.
Restrooms and toilets are available across site, and those in the Clubhouse are easily accessible from the Activity Rooms and lunch spaces.
You can book one of our Activity Rooms free-of-charge as part of your visit, which is allocated to you for the day and can be used to store bags and eat packed lunches.
We offer guided tours and workshops to all age groups, from Nursery to University. We have made some changes to our guided tours and workshops, so we can deliver safe, enjoyable, and engaging activities to your students.
- Single-use workshop materials are prepared in advance and are not shared with or used by other school groups.
- Some workshops utilise recycled materials and equipment, which are sanitised with disinfectant wipes after use.
Home Educators can visit the Museum with other Home Educator groups to book our Schools Admissions rates and activities. You will need a group of at least 15 school-aged children and a ratio of 1 adult (free of charge) to 3 children applies.
Additional children under 5 years old attending with a Home Educator group are not charged for Admission but will be charged the listed price for any guided tours or workshops they are participating in.
This offer covers term time only and cannot be extended to school holidays or weekends. Home Educators visiting with less than 15 children can book tickets here.
- Your school will be invoiced after your visit. Invoices can be paid by BACS, cheque or credit/debit card.
- Amendments to your booking can be made up to 14 days prior to your visit without incurring any amendment fees.
- If your student numbers are reduced by more than 15 students less than 14 days prior to your visit, your school will be charged for the number of students quoted for in this document.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to your visit will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the educational visit cost quoted in this document. Cancellations made less than 5 days prior to your visit will incur a cancellation fee of 75% of the educational visit cost. Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com
- Cancellation fees will be waived if educational groups are unable to visit due to local coronavirus restrictions.
If you are ready to make your booking, please fill in the Request to book an educational visit Form here.
- Once you submit the form, a member of staff will contact you to confirm your educational visit.
- If you would like more information about a potential educational visit to Brooklands Museum, or would simply like to have an informal chat about how we can accommodate you and your students, you are welcome to contact our Learning & Engagement Officer by calling 01932 857381 ext. 258 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org