Schools & Teachers FAQ
You may be able to visit Brooklands Museum on a dedicated school-only day. As we re-open, the Museum will be closed to the public on Mondays and Tuesdays. This will be kept under review as Covid restrictions are gradually lifted.
- School groups are greeted at the Main Visitor Entrance by a member of staff. Temperature checks will be conducted before entering the Museum.
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning to our toilets, exhibits, high-contact areas, and education rooms.
- Lunchrooms are thoroughly cleaned post-visit and are not used again until the next group visit, so you will always arrive to a fresh, clean lunchroom for you to use throughout the day.
- Shared surfaces, such as tables and chairs, are cleaned using disinfectant wipes between student ‘bubbles’ by a Brooklands Museum staff member.
- Hand sanitisers are located throughout the Museum.
- Face coverings must be worn by anyone over the age of 11 whilst indoors, unless exempt.
- Social distancing is practised at the Museum and will be monitored by our staff and volunteers.
- To help with social distancing at the Museum, we have made changes to the maximum number of pupils we can accommodate at one time. If you would like to visit with a group of more than 60 pupils, please contact the Bookings Office by calling 01932 857381 ext. 257 or by emailing email@example.com
- Schools can arrive when the Museum opens at 10:00am and typically depart between 1:30pm-2:30pm.
- You can choose between a self-guided visit or a visit with additional activities, such as guided tours or workshops.
- Guided tours last 40 mins each and are scheduled to take place in the morning before lunch.
- The afternoon consists of either additional workshops or self-guided exploration of our exhibitions.
- In self-guided exhibition areas, we will provide students with fun, problem-solving based learning resources to help students discover and learn from the Museum’s collection.
- A timetable will be sent to you a fortnight before your visit.
We have made some changes to our guided tours and workshops in line with Covid-safe guidance, so we can deliver safe, enjoyable and engaging activities to your students.
- Tour Guides will be wearing face coverings and will be supplied with a portable voice amplifier, so students will be able to hear them clearly both indoors and outdoors.
- Single-use workshop materials are prepared in advance and are not shared with or used by other school groups.
- Some workshops utilise recycled materials and equipment, which are sanitised with disinfectant wipes after use, then quarantined for at least 72 hours before being used again in another workshop.
- Wherever possible, windows and doors will be left open to increase ventilation and fresh airflow.
- The length of your visit may be shorter if you wish to book a self-guided only school visit on a dedicated school-only day.
- However, you can visit the Museum on an “open” day (when we also welcome the general public) depending on the size and age of your group. Please contact the Bookings Office by calling 01932 857381 ext. 257 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Our full schools Risk Assessment will be provided upon booking.
- Teachers have the option to book a complimentary pre-visit recce to Brooklands Museum during opening hours in order to complete a Risk Assessment.
- If you are unable to visit the Museum for a recce in person, you can contact our Learning Officer for more information about your visit by calling 01932 857381 ext. 257 or by emailing email@example.com
Free coach parking is available at the Main Entrance. Please note that we are not able to admit coach drivers to the Museum on school-only days.
- Your school will be invoiced after your visit.
- We understand that your circumstances may change quickly due to government or council guidelines. For this reason, we will not be charging schools a cancellation fee if they are not able to visit the museum because of local coronavirus restrictions.
- If Brooklands Museum is unable to welcome you due to local coronavirus restrictions in Surrey or our council area, we will contact you immediately.
If you are ready to make your booking, choose the activities you would like and possible dates for your visit and email the Bookings Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and request a Booking Form.
If you would like more information about a potential educational visit to Brooklands Museum, or would simply like to have an informal chat about how we can accommodate you and your students, you are welcome to call a member of the Bookings team with the contact details above.