Key Stage 3
Number of students shown is the maximum that we can accommodate on a visit.
Time shown is the minimum amount of time you should allow for your visit.
Investigate the early origins of British motorsport and aviation, their technologies and engineering development.
Trails Themes: Maths, Location, Location, Location
Skills: Maths, reading, writing, comprehension
Curriculum links: Science, Design & Technology, English, History, Maths
Cost: £4 per pupil, 90 students
Brooklands Art Day
Bring your pupils to an inspiring site where you can examine artefacts, engines or posters, before a facilitated session looking at specificitems from our collection.
Themes: Graphics or Photography
Skills: Analysis, observation, evaluation, creativity
Curriculum links: Art & Design
Cost: £4.50 per pupil, 60 students
Snapshots of History
‘Snapshots of History’ will allow pupils to use iPads to shoot and edit their own films, engaging them with the history of Brooklands.
Skills: film production, working as a team, writing
Curriculum links: History, Science, ICT, English, Art & Design, Design & Technology
Costs: £5.50 per pupil, 30 students
Amazing Man and his Amazing Machines
Learn about the male and female engineers who created some of the most iconic vehicles at Brooklands with one of our expert guides. Schools can also book the Concorde Experience and The Napier Railton Experience as part of this visit.*
Skills: historical enquiry, historical perspective, scientific enquiry, working scientifically, speaking & listening, comprehension
Curriculum links: History, Design & Technology
Cost: £5 per pupil, 45 students
*Please note the experiences depend on availability and incur a charge.
Engineering Taster Day
Providing pupils with a better understanding of the principles of aerodynamics, this taster day has been planned to be stimulating, fun and accessible for students of mixed abilities.
Skills: scientific enquiry, working scientifically, speaking & listening, comprehension
Curriculum links: Science, Design & Technology
Cost: £200 per class, 30 students
How to Book
- Choose the activity you would like and possible dates for your visit and call the Learning office to check availability.
- The Learning Office can be contacted by calling 01932 857381 or by emailing [email protected]
. Please call as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Before You Visit
- On booking a visit you will receive a visit information pack. Please read it carefully and distribute the relevant information to the other adults involved with the trip.
- Return the booking form
- Book a pre-visit to familiarise yourself with our site (available for group leaders and one additional person)
- Contact us should you need to change an aspect of your visit, e.g. numbers
- A timetable of the day will be sent shortly before your visit. When you receive this please brief all group leaders abut the day
- You may photocopy your trails. They are included in your information pack or can be downloaded here
We accept cash, cheques or cards, either in advance or on the day. We ask that groups provide a single payment for their booking.
Please note that a cancellation fee of £30 will be charged if the Museum is not informed if a group visit is not going ahead at least 1 week before the reserved date.
Brooklands Museum has a limited number of work experience places available each year. Why not try out a career within the museum sector at this interesting and historic venue? Places are extremely limited so apply early to avoid disappointment.
To apply email John Silver [email protected]