Morgan F2 3-wheeler
1937, Campbell Shed, On long term display
The Morgan family have been building their famous cars at Malvern since 1910. The founder, H.F.S. Morgan, took a cyclecar record at Brooklands in November 1912 covering 59.64 miles in one hour. Up to 1936, when the first "4-4" appeared, Morgan built only three-wheelers, which were consistently involved in all forms of motor sport.
For many years these were powered by a variety of V-twin engines - Anzani, Blackburne, J.A.P., Matchless, M.A.G. - but in 1933 Morgan introduced the Model F with a new chassis, interconnected front and rear braking, and powered by four cylinder Ford engines.
The price of the larger engined model in 1937 was about £130 (about £6600 today). Morgan claimed a maximum speed of 65 mph for the smaller engined car, so the 10 was probably good for 70.
Loaned by Peter Edmunds