A privately built and raced car from the period following World War Two.
This car was built in the mid-1950s by Lt. Cdr. Clinkard and Frank Graves using a purpose-built chassis combined with an Alvis engine and gearbox. It was originally supercharged but the supercharger was later removed. The body is from an E type E.R.A. and was purchased for 35 pounds (about £740 today).
The car was used in sprints, hill climbs, and circuit races throughout Europe, including the Ramsgate Speed Trials in April 1956 where Clinkard achieved a 2nd Best Time of the Day award. However, in many races it was outclassed by factory-built cars from Maserati, Ferrari and E.R.A.
Loaned by John Ferris.
- Engine: 4.3 litre 6-cylinder
- Top Speed: 120mph
- Manufacturer: Lt. Cdr. Clinkard
- Model: Special
- Origin: UK
Races & Record
1956, Ramsgate Speed Trials