Dunlop Mac’s Tyre Depot
Here David McDonald supervised tyre fitting in the 1920s and ‘30s. it is now a vehicle workshop. The motoring volunteers are normally in using the facilities on Thursdays, and are very happy to chat to any inquisitive individuals about their work.
The Press Hut
The hut was built in 1930 for journalists reporting on Brooklands events. It has been restored to its 1930s appearance and today the space is occasionally used on event days by clubs, living history groups and traders.
Racing Car Bays
Two rows of black, steel-framed car bays provided shelter for the drivers before leaving the Paddock and assembling on the starting line. Although originally constructed in 1907, they were removed in the 1970s and one row has since been replicated by the Brooklands Museum Trust. Thanks to funding from the Brooklands Trust Members, the bays were restored in 2015 and are now used for trade stands on event days.
The Shell and BP Petrol ‘Pagodas’, both dating from 1922, have been fully restored to their 1920s or '30s external appearance, as has the Pratts (later Esso) Pagoda.