Come and Celebrate with Concorde!
2019 marks the 50th year of both the French and British maiden flights of Concorde. Brooklands’ role in the development and manufacture of this incredible aircraft will be celebrated on both of these anniversary dates with special talks, presentations, tours, guests and more. Do not miss celebrating these milestone dates in aviation history with us and the Brooklands Concorde ‘Delta Golf’ at centre stage.
Concorde Golden Jubilee Gala Dinner and Auction
9th April 2019 - Sold Out
Hosted by Chief Concorde Pilot Captain Mike Bannister, this black tie event commemorates the 50th anniversary of the maiden flight of the British Concorde. This VIP evening includes:
- Champagne reception
- Three-course Concorde dinner
- Entertainment from the BA Brass Band & First Officer Stuart Beech
- Concorde nose droop ceremony
- Exclusive auction and exhibition
- Commemorative Anniversary Gift
This event is now sold out.
*Please note: Tickets are non-refundable.
Concorde Day 13th April 2019
Come and join us as we dedicate a day of Concorde-themed activities and celebrate the 50th anniversary of her maiden flight. Our new Concorde exhibition will be open in the Vickers Suite opposite the aircraft and the British Airways Brass Band will be giving a performance. We are also offering two lucky winners the chance to lower Concorde’s iconic nose on the day in a fantastic prize draw.
In addition to this, we have lined up these additional elements for you to enjoy:
- Live Aero-engine demonstrations
- Barbeque In the Paddock
- London Bus Museum bus rides
- Concorde pilots & aircrew members will be present
- Concorde Stewardess uniform display
- Concorde related talks throughout the day from pilots and crew
- Concorde themed menu in the Cafe
- The Joystick Club will be bringing their pedal planes for young pilots!
- Chipmunk fuselage display from YES – Youth Education Support, a branch of the Light Aircraft Association
- RAF Museum Hendon & Cosford will be here to meet visitors
- Concorde pop-up shop situated near the aircraft
- Half-hour Concorde Experience virtual supersonic 'flight' tours
- Leatherhead Model Flying Club will be displaying their models
- Museum aircraft collection will have open cockpits during the day.
- The Harrier will be on view as part of the “First to the Fastest” exhibition alongside the Vickers Vimy
Normal Museum admissions apply, tickets will be available on the day. Concorde Experience half-hour tours are £5 for Adults, £3 for Children