2018 BTM Photo Competition
03 November 2018
ENTER THIS YEAR'S BTM PHOTO COMPETITION FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A DAY'S TUITION ON ONE OF JASON DODD'S PHOTOGRAPHY COURSES AT BROOKLANDS.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES MIDNIGHT 30th NOVEMBER 2018
There are some great photos being taken at Brooklands throughout the year, many of them by Members, and you can frequently see these posted up on social media and in the Brookland Bulletin. Now is the tie to recognise the best dozen of the year.....but only if you enter the BTM Photographic Competition 2018!
We want to see your best photos of the year taken at Brooklands, or with a Brooklands theme. They can be of cars, motorbikes, aeroplanes, the place itself or from events etc. All entries will be put in an online album for you to view which is available at BTM PHOTO COMP ENTRIES
We are pleased that professional photographer Jason Dodd will be our head judge and he has also donated our top prize for the overall winner of a place on one of his photographic courses held at Brooklands in 2019. Jason holds a range of tuition from beginners through to more experienced car photography and fashion one-day courses aimed to improve your technique with a DSLR camera. You can find more about his courses at www.jasondoddphotography.com
The top twelve entries will be printed in the 2019 BTM Calendar and one copy will be sent to each of the twelve winning entries. Further copies will be available to purchase.
HOW TO ENTER
1) The photo must have been taken in the last year between 1st November 2017 and 30th November 2018.
2) The photo must be taken at Brooklands – cars, planes, motorbikes, buildings, people, events etc.
3) Photos will be published in a Flickr gallery with public access - link above.
4) You can submit up to two of your digital photos.
Please ensure your name and Membership Number is included in the submission email and any comments or title.
There are no age categories but if your are under 16yrs please let us know your age.
5) Photos must be of a “reasonable” size and quality – preferably over 1mb. If the image is not of sufficient resolution for printing it may not be considered.
6) The competition opens on Saturday 4th November and closes at midnight on Friday 30th November. Entries received after that date will not be entered.
7) The top twelve entries as chosen by our judges will be printed and published in a 2019 BTM wall calendar which will be sold in aid of Brooklands Museum, all photographs in the calendar will be credited.
8) Normal editing and enhanceent of photos is allowed but anything considered by the judges as too “over the top” will be discounted – so no Concordes flying to the Moon thankyou!
9) The competition is open to Brooklands Members, Staff, Volunteers and their immediate families only.
10) By entering the competition you agree that your images may be used by the BTM or Brooklands Museum for publication, publicity or marketing purposes in digital or print mediums. Copyright of images remains with the photographer.
To enter please send up to two of your best pictures to [email protected] . We’ll then put them online in the competition album on Filckr which you can find at:-