Photo Competition 2019
16 October 2019
The 2019 Brooklands members Photo Competition is now under way and we are delighted that professional photographer Jason Dodd is sponsoring the competition. He will also be our head judge choosing the final winners and offering a prize of a place on one of his photography courses to the overall adult winner.
Let your imagination take over - the photos can be of anything Brooklands related - Events, buildings, exhibits and more but they must have been taken in the last 12 months. The judges will be looking principally at the composition and its worth bearing in mind that, if you win, your picture could be on someone's wall for a month in the calendar!
To enter the competition send your photos to email@example.com (Note: If you have difficulty with that email address please send to firstname.lastname@example.org )
Jason Dodd runs a series of course throughout the year - click on his website to book https://www.jasondoddphotography.com/ (it may also give you a clue as to the type of photo that Jason likes!)
NEW THIS YEAR - YOUNG PEOPLES COMPETITION
We are delighted to link up with Sharp Shots Photography Club to present a competition for the under 16s. Sharp Shots run photography courses for young people at Brooklands Museum - the next course is on 29th October and you can click here for more details https://sharpshotsphotoclub.co.uk/brooklands-museum/ .
There is a fantastic prize for the winner of the young peoples competition of a place on one of their courses for 2020 and the winning photo will feature in the Brooklands Members Wall Calendar alongside the adult entries. You can enter the competition by the same method as the main competition below.
The photos will be judged by Lilian Spibey of Sharp Shots and she has provided some handy tips for young (and older) photographers:-
Click here for some handy tips for young photographers
To view the 2019 competition photo albums on Flickr click here
The rules are simple:
1) Photos must have been taken in the last 12 months and be taken at Brooklands or have a Brooklands theme (the VC10 at Dunsfold for instance).
2) Photos submitted must be the work of the entrant.
3) Please include your name and membership number (or state if you are a volunteer or staff) when submitting photos.
4) The Young Peoples competition will be for those aged 15yrs and under. To enter the Young Peoples photo competition please include your age with your entry, parents permission to enter required and they must be your own work.
5) Photos must be in good to high resolution (over 1mb) as the winners will be published in an annual calendar.
5) All photos submitted remain copyright of the entrant, however, by entering you agree that Brooklands Members/ Brooklands Museum may use any submitted photo for marketing purposes. All photos will be published on the Brooklands Members' Flickr competition page for public viewing. The winning twelve photos will be published in an annual Members Calendar and may be published in the Brooklands Bulletin.
6) Up to three photos can be submitted per entrant.
7) Photo enhancements are allowed but nothing too "over the top" - normal cropping, balance etc are fine but anything too outrageous will not be considered!
8) The competition is open to all Members, Staff , Volunteers and their families.
9) The judges decision will be final and there will be no appeal process.
10) The closing date is midnight on Saturday 30th November