Win a day out at Brooklands Museum for up to five people!
10 July 2019
Welcome to the new look Brooklands Museum
After months of planning, researching and developing, we are proud to present the new look for Brooklands Museum!
This month we have launched our new logo and we are very excited with how it all looks. Back in January, we decided that it was time the Museum’s style had a bit of a refresh in line with our mission and values. We all know that Brooklands is a very special place to a lot of people so we began talking with our staff, volunteers, members and visitors to see how we could achieve this without losing the ‘Spirit of Brooklands’.
We were very keen that the project was an evolution, and not a re-invention, of Brooklands and we all agreed that the colour scheme should stay the same, keeping our Brooklands gold and racing green across everything we do. The gold is the key colour for the museum while members and volunteers are represented by the racing green. Brooklands Concorde has retained is regal blue colour for all marketing materials and the traditional British Airways style will be utilised for tickets and boarding passes.
We decided on a font that echoed the one used by the British Racing Drivers Club in their advertising and designs for racing events in the 1930s. Furthermore, we have adopted some of the elements from the artwork used to promote racing and flying at the venue before the war to produce a striking, nostalgic, graphic style for our future events programme.
However, it’s not all about the look, we wanted to tell everyone about the rich history at Brooklands over the last 112 years and have commissioned a brand new introductory film to show how the Museum came into being. Now, upon arrival, in a specially adapted viewing area, visitors are taken on a journey from its inception in 1907 through decades of flying, racing and engineering, two world wars and into the supersonic age as a prelude to their visit.
Throughout July and August, our new advertising campaign will appear on trains and platforms across the South Western network and on double decker buses covering surrounding routes. The poster designs focus on a single piece of history unique to Brooklands and relate it to the present day. In one shot a Hawker Hurricane is face-to-face with a toddler in a model pedal plane who dreams of becoming a flying legend one day. In another, an archive shot of one of the leading female racing drivers from the 1930s is shown next to the statement: Breaking records and making history.
All of this is complemented by new signage around the site and it looks fantastic, especially as you arrive here and pass mini Concorde, our gate guardian that too, has had a make-over. We’d love to know what you think so if you haven’t visited in a while, or have never been here, now is the time to come and see us, see the changes we’ve made and discover the legends, the stories and the real ‘Spirit of Brooklands’.
To celebrate the launch of our new logo we’re giving you the chance to win a day out at Brooklands Museum for up to five people! To enter, simply complete the form below with your contact details. The winner will be announced on 25th July 2019. Good Luck!
Terms & Conditions
- The prize is a visit to Brooklands Museum for up to 5 people. This excludes entry to the Concorde Experience and 4D Theatre
- Entries will be accepted until 10am on the 25th July
- The prize is as stated and no alternatives will be offered.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over except employees of Brooklands Museum and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation
- The winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners, however if the winners cannot be contacted, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and choose a replacement winner.
- The winners are responsible for all expenses and arrangements made in order to take up this prize. The prize does not include travel expenses, accommodation or refreshments or any other associated costs.