The Press Hut was created in 1930 by enclosing two end sections of the Paddock’s Racing Car Bays.
Here journalists were provided with information and telephones so that the latest results could be quickly reported to national newspapers and magazines.
Racing Car Bays
Two rows of black, steel-framed car bays provided shelter for the drivers before leaving the Paddock and assembling on the starting line. Although originally constructed in 1907 they were removed in the 1970s and one row has since been replicated by the Brooklands Museum Trust.